1. The literature submitted should be original work.
2. Please submit a brief biography with your work.
3. Children are published by exception, and only with written
4. If submitting poetry, please put all of your poems in the body
of the email. Check to make sure that your alignment and text settings
travel appropriately through the email. Alternatively, please
submit all of the work in one Microsoft Word document.
5. If you are submitting digital video poems, please provide a
link to the digital poem at YouTube.
6. Stories should be submitted double
spaced, and the journal does not accept novella or novel length
7. Please submit your work to the appropriate editor. See
8. Writers are responsible for proofreading their own work.
A link to an online proof page will be sent by email to the writer a
week or so before the issue launches.
9. If your work has been accepted but does not appear in the
issue, please let Mary Ann Sullivan know. We are a volunteer group of
writers, the submissions are numerous, and the acceptance-to-publication
process is at times unwieldy.
10. We normally respond to submissions within one month. If
you do not receive an acceptance or rejection email after one month,
please contact us to ask about the status of your submission.
11. Simultaneous submissions are fine.
12. If your submitted work has been published elsewhere, please let us
know. Sometimes we accept previously published work because the more places a work is published the better it might be
for a writer.
The Tower Journal logo
was designed by graphic artist, Nathan Gams. Contact info and samples of
his work can be found at his website: